Bright Network Breaking Barriers
Are you looking to upskill and learn more about what it takes to secure a coveted graduate scheme with a top employer? Then don’t miss Breaking Barriers: our brand new virtual event for 125 of our brightest members from underrepresented backgrounds, designed to equip you with all the tools and advice you need to feel career-ready this autumn.
Join us for an afternoon packed with insightful panel and skills sessions focused on key qualities sought after by employers - what’s more, you’ll also have the exclusive chance to network (virtually) with the world-leading firms running the sessions.
Why should I attend?
Enhance your professional skill set with targeted sessions on interviews, commercial awareness, communication and confidence.
Hear from industry leaders in our panel session and have the exclusive chance to ask our panellists your top questions about graduate careers and diversity in the workplace.
Discover inclusive, forward-thinking employers: our partner firms are all passionate about ensuring that every employee can bring their authentic self to work.
Build your network with key representatives from top firms and other ambitious Bright Network members.
Who can attend?
- Bright Network members that have attended a state school and who are graduating from university in 2021, 2022, 2023 or 2024
- Bright Network members who are the first generation to attend university that are graduating in 2021, 2022, 2023 or 2024
- Bright Network members who received free school meals that are graduating in 2021, 2022, 2023 or 2024
- Currently at university in the UK
- On track for at least a 2:1 and demonstrate academic excellence
- Have the unrestricted right to work in the UK after graduation
- Additional skills gained from extracurricular activities/work experience will be viewed favourably
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm: Bright Network introduction & confidence keynote
- 1:00pm - 1:25pm: Skills session 1: Interviewing top tips
- 1:25pm - 1:50pm: Skills session 2: Communication tips and confidence
- 1:50pm - 2:00pm: Break
- 2:00pm - 2:45pm: Open networking with partner firms
- 2:45pm - 3:10pm: Skills session 3: Commercial awareness
- 3:10pm - 3:35pm: Skills session 4: Authenticity in the workplace
- 3:35pm - 3:45pm: Break
- 3:45pm - 4:30pm: Panel session: How to be a diversity champion at work
- 4:30pm - 5:15pm: Open networking with partner firms
- 5:15pm - 5:30pm: Alumni success story
- 5:30pm - 5:45pm: Takeaways & next steps
If you have any questions about Bright Network: Breaking Barriers, we have gathered all the most frequently asked questions here. If you have any other questions please get in touch with our Events Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is always popular, so we recommend getting your application in as soon as possible. Let us know with any questions and we look forward to seeing you there.