Bright Network Diverse Legal Leaders
This November, we’re delighted to be hosting our first ever diversity in law event: Diverse Legal leaders. This event will provide members the tools and insights they need to launch a successful career in one of the most competitive and prestigious sectors for graduates, regardless of their background.
Unlike our other law events, Diverse Legal Leaders is open to students from all degree disciplines who have an active interest in pursuing commercial law as a career. Join us for an afternoon packed with insightful sessions and networking with top law firms and other ambitious members.
Why should I attend?
Build your legal network - it’s especially important to build a network early on in the commercial law sphere. This event will enable you to make invaluable connections with Trainees, Partners and Graduate Recruitment representatives from top law firms.
Hear from industry leaders in our panel and skills sessions. You’ll also have the exclusive chance to have your questions answered by key figures from our partner firms.
Boost your CV - being selected to attend this event will highlight you as being proactive to future employers in a time where fewer opportunities are available.
Discover inclusive, forward-thinking employers - our partner law firms are all passionate about ensuring inclusion, diversity and equality are actively promoted in the workplace.
Who can attend?
- Undergraduate or full time postgraduate students who identify with an underrepresented group, graduating in 2021, 2022, 2023 or 2024
- Have attended (or are attending) university in the UK
- On track for at least a 2:1 and demonstrate academic excellence
- Have the unrestricted right to work in the UK after graduation
- Additional skills gained from extracurricular activities/work experience will be viewed favourably, especially those related to law
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm - Members log into the event platform early with the option to network with other attendees
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm - Bright Network introduction and keynote
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm - Panel session
- 2:30pm - 2:45pm - Break
- 2:45pm - 3:25pm - Structured networking part 1
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm - Skills session
- 4:05pm - 4:45pm - Structured networking part 2
- 4:45pm - 5:15pm - Open Networking
- 5:15pm - 5:45pm - Alumni success story, takeaways & next steps
If you have any questions about Bright Network Diverse Legal Leaders, we have gathered all the most frequently asked questions here. If you have any other questions please get in touch with our Events Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is always popular, so we recommend getting your application in as soon as possible. Let us know with any questions and we look forward to seeing you there.Apply now