First Year Lawyers Top 100
Do you want to kick-start your career in law and gain unique insights, hear invaluable advice and meet the best law firms in the world, all before you start your law degree? Then this is your opportunity to ensure that you'll get the access and support that you need to carve out a successful career within the sector.
This September, we are looking for 100 of our brightest students about to start a law degree (graduating in 2022) to join us in central London for an exclusive event designed to build your network, get ahead in your career and leave you feeling empowered.
Want to see what this event looked like last year? Check out the highlights here.
Why Should You Attend?
The selected attendees will benefit from:
- Building your CV: Attending this event will show employers that you have an active interest in law. You will also hear from the experts, who will give you the advice that you need to stand out from the crowd.
- Getting ahead: Our panel sessions are designed to provide you with the insights that you need to flourish in every step of the application process.
- Growing your network: At this event, you will make vital connections and meet some of the best people from top firms - they're looking for the brightest students just like you for their insight days, first year programmes and vacation schemes.
- Recognition of your achievements: Win one of the awards on the day, sponsored by one of the attending firms. This will look great on your CV and help you to create stand-out applications.
Who can attend?
- Undergraduate law students, graduating in 2022 (or second years on a four year course graduating in 2022)
- Demonstrate academic excellence through achieved or predicted A level grades (or equivalent)
- Have the unrestricted right to work in the UK after graduation
- Additional skills gained from extracurricular activities/work experience will be viewed favourably
- 12:00 – 12:20: Arrival, registration & member networking
- 12:20 – 12:50: Bright Network introduction & alumni success stories
- 12:50 – 13:45: Panel session - What to expect in commercial law
- 13:50 – 14:40: Structured networking
- 14:40 – 14:55: Tea & coffee break
- 14:55 – 15:45: Structured networking
- 15:50 – 16:45: Panel - How to build a career while at university
- 16:45 – 17:00: Awards, takeaways & next steps
To submit your application, please click the “Apply Now” button at the top of the page. We highly recommend getting your application in ASAP as applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. We look forward to seeing you there.
If you have any questions about Bright Network First Year Lawyers, we have gathered all the most frequently asked questions here. If you have any other questions please get in touch with our Events Team - email@example.com.