Bright Network First Year Lawyers
It's no secret that commercial law is a competitive field, and it’s never too early to get a head start in your legal career. If you’re about to embark on a law degree (or about to start your second year of a four-year course), First Year Lawyers is an invaluable opportunity to gain unique insights and be noticed by leading firms in the industry.
Join us on the morning of 15th September for a mix of keynote speeches, panel sessions and networking opportunities designed to leave you feeling confident about your future career.
Why should I attend?
Enhance your applications: By dedicating the time to attend this event, you will show employers you have a real interest in pursuing a career in commercial law.
Get ahead: Our panel sessions are designed to provide you with practical insights that you can apply to strengthen your applications. As one of the 100 attendees at this highly exclusive event, you will be one of the few to hear from highly reputable law firm representatives ahead of your peers.
Grow your network: At this event, you will make vital connections and meet some of the most influential people at global firms - they're looking out for the brightest students, just like you, for their insight days, first year programmes and vacation schemes.
Who can attend?
- Undergraduate law students at university in the UK, graduating in 2023 (or in 2024 if starting a four-year course)
- Demonstrate academic excellence through achieved or predicted A level grades (or equivalent)
- Have the unrestricted right to work in the UK after graduation
- Additional skills gained from extracurricular activities/work experience will be viewed favourably
This event is always oversubscribed, so we highly recommend you get your application in ASAP as applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- 10:00am - 10:30am: Bright Network introduction & alumni success stories
- 10:30am - 11:30am: Panel session - What to expect in commercial law
- 11:30am - 12:15pm: Structured Networking
- 12:15pm - 12:45pm: Takeaways & next steps
Please note all timings on the agenda for First Year Lawyers correspond with British Summer Time
If you have any questions about Bright Network First Year Lawyers, we have gathered all the most frequently asked questions here. If you have any other questions please get in touch with our Events Team - email@example.com.