Bright Network Future Lawyers Top 100
We’re looking for 100 of our brightest penultimate-year law members to join us for an exclusive virtual event, designed to help you develop the skills and insights needed to secure a coveted Vacation Scheme or Training Contract. With plenty of opportunities to network with Trainees, Partners and Graduate Recruitment teams, you’ll discover what sets firms apart and the qualities they look for in their successful applicants.
Law firms are constantly looking for applicants who display unique and nuanced understandings of their practices and values, and this event is perfectly positioned to help you learn about and build relationships with firms that you could be applying to. You’ll be able to gain unique answers to your questions, including ‘Why choose our law firm’ and ‘How do I demonstrate commercial awareness’.
Why Should You Attend?
Stand out – multiple law firms ask the question ‘Why us?’ on their application forms - this event is your exclusive opportunity to ask that question to Fee Earners and collect nuanced insights that you can highlight on your applications
Build your legal network – it’s especially important to develop contacts in the commercial law sphere. This event will give you the chance to network with Trainee Solicitors, Partners and Graduate Recruitment representatives - this will give you a real-life insight into what your life as a commercial lawyer could look like
Win one of the awards sponsored by one of our partner firms. These will look great on your CV and help you to create standout applications.
Hear from industry leaders in our panel sessions on “What to expect in Commercial Law” and “Top Tips to Secure a Vacation Scheme”
Who can attend?
- Undergraduate law students at university in the UK graduating in 2022
- On track for at least a 2:1 and have demonstrated academic excellence throughout their education
- Have the unrestricted right to work in the UK after graduation
- You must be able to attend both days of the event in full
- Additional skills gained from extracurricular activities/work experience will be viewed favourably
This event is always oversubscribed; so we highly recommend you get your application in ASAP as applications will be reviewed in the order they are received.
Day 1 - 17th September
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm: Bright Network introduction & alumni success stories
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm: Panel session - What to expect in commercial law
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Structured Networking Part 1
- 4:30pm - 4:45pm: Wrap up day one and expectations for day two
Day 2 - 18th September
- 1:00pm - 1:05pm: Bright Network welcome
- 1:05pm - 2:00pm: Structured Networking Part 2
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm: Panel session - Top tips for obtaining a vacation scheme
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm: Open networking
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm: Awards ceremony, takeaways & next steps
Please note all timings on the agenda for Future Lawyers Top 100 correspond with British Summer Time
If you have any questions about Bright Network Future Lawyers, we have gathered all the most frequently asked questions here. If you have any other questions please get in touch with our Events Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is always oversubscribed; so we highly recommend you get your application in ASAP as applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. We look forward to seeing you there.Apply now