Find out about who we are at Berenberg and the great benefits we offer our incredible employees.
Who we are
Berenberg was established in 1590, and today we are one of Europe’s leading privately owned banks, focusing primarily on Wealth and Asset Management, Investment Banking and Corporate Banking. We are run by managing partners and have a strong financial presence in some of the most high-profile financial centres in the world including Frankfurt, London and New York.
What we do
We have been the biggest share gainer in European equities over the last 10 years and have grown, despite facing many challenges, due to our clear vision and dedicated employees. At Berenberg, we see ourselves as challengers and disruptors which is why we put a huge emphasis on our graduate programme and want to genuinely empower young talent. Our people are at the heart of our business, they have a true passion for companies and markets and make our business stronger.
We know that we wouldn’t achieve incredible business results without our incredibly talented employees which is why we have designed an amazing rewards and benefits package. On top of our competitive compensation structure, we offer a range of core and flexible benefits to all employees. Our flexible approach allows our employees to choose the benefits that best suit their lifestyle.
- Computer products and accessories – our employees can purchase the latest Apple products and accessories, with the ability to spread the cost over 12 months.
- Sports and recreational clubs – we encourage our employees to join a wide range of internal sports and recreational clubs. Some of the current clubs include: Football, netball, rugby, running and yoga.
- Cycle to work – select a bike and make payments, free on income tax and National Insurance over 12 months.
- Competitive company pension plan – receive a 10% employer contribution of base salary paid into a GPP scheme.
- 30 days annual leave – all our full-time employees are entitled to 30 days of holiday in addition to bank holidays.
- Gymflex – this corporate wellness scheme provides a discounted gym membership at a selected health club.
- Comprehensive private medical scheme – our employees can access private medical insurance so they can receive high quality medical treatment when they need it.
Find out more about our Graduate Programmes here.