Above all else, we are looking for people who are passionate about a career in Law at Shearman & Sterling.
- Tailor your cover letter so it is directly relevant to Shearman & Sterling.
- Spell check your form before submitting the final version.
- Make sure you answer all the questions!
- We use the verbal reasoning psychometric test to provide additional information on candidates and their capabilities.
Senior lawyer and HR Interview
- Research the legal sector and Shearman & Sterling.
- Think about what questions you might want to ask before coming to the interview.
- Think about the skills necessary to be a successful commercial lawyer.
- Keep up to date with current affairs.
- Participate in the exercises.
- Think through how to articulate your interest in Shearman & Sterling.
What we're looking for
- Excellent academics (AAB at A Level and a 2:1).
- Common sense and initiative.
- Communication skills.
- Focus and commitment.
- Team player.
- Commercially aware.
- Above all else, we are looking for people who are passionate about a career in Law at Shearman & Sterling.