We are committed to being a socially responsible firm. We believe that a fundamental part of measuring our success is the difference we make to the lives of the people in our community - internally and externally - and beyond.
A fundamental part of measuring our success is the difference we make to the lives of the people in our community
Taylor Wessing's charitable policy is based around three main objectives.
We aim to:
- Promote education and opportunity in our local community;
- Encourage the involvement of Taylor Wessing employees in community and charitable activities and organisations;
- Provide funds and support for ordinary people doing extraordinary things, rather than projects already receiving general public support or funding.
Our charity and outreach partners are selected with a view to meeting these objectives.
a) We believe we can make a difference
In a time of austerity, many professional services firms recognise the important financial role that private sector businesses play in their local communities. What fewer recognise or address is the difference the time of their employees through volunteer work can make to those communities.
Taylor Wessing runs a Make a Difference Scheme to afford our employees the opportunity and the time to make a difference to our local community. We work alongside our four charity partners to provide a programme of regular volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
b) Taylor Wessing's charity partners
- Future First.
- Kids Company.
- Changing Faces.
- Young Vic.
Every week we hold a legal advice clinic as part of the LawWorks Clinics Network.
- Diversity at Taylor Wessing means valuing everyone as an individual.
- The remit of the firm's Diversity Group is to ensure our recruitment, retention and employee engagement strategies help us remain an inclusive place to work.
- We actively encourage more candidates from a broader range of backgrounds to apply to our graduate recruitment programme.
Art is an important intellectual stimulant and instrument of change. Institutions like such as the National Portrait Gallery play a central role in helping us to broaden our horizons knowledge by encouraging analytical thinking and understanding of different ideas and opinions. Yet in times of financial instability, the arts are often first in line for cuts. At Taylor Wessing, we place great value on creativity and art as an important part of our social capital, which is why we are now in our sixth year of supporting the National Portrait Gallery Photographic Portrait Prize.
We have a strong environmental commitment and have set ourselves strict targets to reduce our firm-wide carbon footprint.