If you want to get ahead, one of the best ways to do this is to find out from others how they got there and did it. Most successful people are successful for a reason and are only too happy to share their insights and advice to help others.
People are always keen to help and give advice so don’t be afraid of offering to buy someone a coffee and go armed with a list of questions about how they’ve got to where they’ve got to.
Our advice would be to grab that coffee, email or ask for a phone call and tap the brains of the people you admire.
Here are our top ten questions to ask....
- What do you love about your job?
- What’s the best career decision you’ve ever made?
- What’s the worst career decision you’ve ever made?
- What would you be doing if you were me now?
- How do you organise your time?
- What do you think is your greatest strength?
- What do you think is your greatest weakness?
- How do you make decisions?
- What do you read?
- What do you think are the secrets behind getting to where you’ve go to?
Good luck and let us know how you get on...