External - Inside Sales Graduate
The successful candidates will embark on a training programme to give a broad grounding on 3M’s structure, products and markets. They will also spend time shadowing members of the existing Inside Sales team to fully understand the role. Once in role, they will be tasked with retaining existing business and generating and closing new opportunities on specific products within a division of 3M’s five business groups. The will work closely with the Regional Field Sales team and Marketing team to ensure that internal sales strategies are in line with corporate objectives including ethical conduct guidelines.
They will join a fast growing Inside Sales team to help 3M deliver fast, agile, best-in-class service to our diverse customer base. There will be strong alignment to the division to maintain close links with field sales, marketing and technical support
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Predicted or achieved a minimum 2:1 degree in a business related degree
- 120 UCAS points at A-Level or equivalent qualification (300 UCAS points based on previous UCAS points system)
- The successful candidate will be a tenacious self-starter with excellent social and communication skills.
- He/ she will have a desire to work in sales and will have an understanding of the sales process, plus the challenges associated with a selling role
- He/she will be highly motivated with the drive & energy to influence others
- He/ she will have a comfortable selling style over the phone and an ability to overcome objections, get past gatekeepers and identify key decision makers.
- They will be adaptable to the changing business environment and capable of handling multiple priorities.
- They will be team player, willing to take ownership and accountability for elements of their business while understanding how this fits with divisional strategic direction
- He/ she will have an appetite to learn and develop in this role
Effectively driving sales growth and customer retention with defined channel.
Management of specific accounts to drive growth
- Manage channel opportunities and price quotes.
- Management of customer relationships via the phone to drive growth and encourage loyalty.
- Talking knowledgably about products and their applications in order to generate sales
- Working in collaboration with field sales and marketing contacts on a specific business with responsibility for driving sales in identified accounts over the phone and responsible for the sales performance of those accounts.
- Providing cover for the Territories via the telephone in times of absence.
Achievement of specific sales targets through the following:
- Proactively selling the divisions products predominantly via the telephone but also utilizing various digital means including email and using social selling tools including LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Developing a territory plan to drive sales with nominated accounts
- Blueprinting accounts and segmenting based on opportunity
- Developing relationships with Channel partners
- Qualifying leads gained through marketing activity and following through to close
- Guiding customers through the sales process from initial contact, creating awareness of features and benefits of product solutions in target accounts all the way to closing the sale and providing support post purchase
- Acquisition of new customers and greater penetration in existing accounts
Achieve best practice in Customer Relationship Management
- Keeping an accurate and comprehensive customer database
- Recording all customer interactions.
- Keeping an up to date awareness of the market and competitor trends and developing new working patterns accordingly.