Medical Devices Marketing Year in Industry Maidenhead 2024
Abbott Internship Programmes allow you to build your own path using the growth opportunities and tools offered, that is why Abbott were voted #1 Global Internship in the HappyTrainees ChooseMyCompany Index. As a global company, where you start doesn’t have to be where you stay. Apply to our Internship programs today; pursue the career that you want and do work that matters.
At Abbott, we’re dedicated to helping people live more fully, in everything we do. We’re creating the future of healthcare through life-changing medical devices. Our Vascular division provides products that help doctors to assess, access and treat blocked arteries. Our cutting-edge tools help doctors “see” inside arteries, reach damaged areas to remove blockages and help patients heal.
Our Vascular team are looking for a Marketing Intern to join us for a placement year starting summer 2023 for 12 months, based predominantly from our Maidenhead office.
- Working with the marketing management team, supporting the planning, development and implementation of effective marketing campaigns, to include:
- Supporting the logistics and organisation of all marketing collaterals for events and webinars on a national and international scale, monitoring associated spend
- Managing the production of any creative assets required to support marketing initiatives
- Support the execution of the digital marketing communication plan, including editing of the newsletter
- Using marketing analytics and business intelligence techniques to gather and report on business performance
- Field visits – e.g. visiting customers to support marketing messaging in the field, attending marketing events.
Education & requirements
- A 2nd year student studying a relevant degree such as marketing, business studies, looking for a year in industry
- Project management and/or customer facing experience is ideal
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly Powerpoint, Adobe and Excel
- A self-starter, driven, with the ability to work on multiple projects and assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV (and cover letter if you wish). The closing date is 1st December.
By submitting your application, you consent for your details to be shared with Randstad our Third Party Labour supplier, who are working on behalf of Abbott on this position.
This is a 12 month placement starting summer 2024 and will require you to be living a commutable distance to our UK HQ in Maidenhead, Berkshire, although you will also be involved in attending off-site meetings and events.