Data & Analytics Adviser
When meeting us, you’ll quickly find out we are united in our belief that the best thing about the ABI is the people. We’re hugely proud 100% of colleagues feel the ABI care about their health and wellbeing and 99% feel colleagues within their team respect each other. If that sounds like your kind of culture, read on to find out how you can join us.
We’re looking for Data and Analytics Adviser who can present data creatively in a way that engages people. You’ll provide your expert insight, quality assurance and high-quality analysis across the long-term savings and insurance sector – making is accessible for a wide range of audiences.
You won’t just be sitting at your desk crunching the numbers, you’ll be building positive relationships with colleagues across the ABI and enabling them to use data that will add value to our members, their customers and the wider insurance industry.
Please note this is full time role but we are open to applications from those who wish to work on a flexible and/or job share basis. We welcome applicants who are new to insurance – as well as those who are experts!
What’s the job?
- Produce high quality analysis on a range of data and management information sources.
- Provide detailed commentary and insight on the key trends and findings from the data, presenting results in reports in a highly accessible manner.
- Develop positive relationships with ABI members firms and data subscribers and help identify potential new data subscribers.
- Advise ABI staff on how to use technology and analytics to leverage maximum value from ABI data and management information, building bespoke applications and reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Support the Data & Analytics Assistants in delivering the day to day running of the Statistics database, Statistics Helpdesk and ABI Subscriptions Service, providing guidance to them.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements within the Data & Analytics team and take ownership of implementing these as and when required.
The role is based at the ABI in London. Due to COVID-19, all colleagues are currently working from home.
What skills do you need?
- Strong technical statistical analysis skills – you know how to navigate the more advanced Excel functions.
- Ability to spot trends in data and you can write engaging content to explain what you’ve found.
- Proactive approach to identifying potential process improvements and you can drive these forwards yourself.
- Excellent communication skills – you can explain technical information in a way everyone can understand and build effective, trusted relationships.
- Brilliant organisation skills – you have exceptional attention to detail and are willing to flex your priorities depending on work demands.
Throughout the interview and assessment process, we will be looking for you to demonstrate the ABI’s values; We are Brave; We take Ownership; We are Appreciative; We are Human and We are Curious. Our vision to continue to build an inclusive workplace is vitally important to us and we expect all colleagues to contribute to this.
Where can this role take you?
Wherever possible, we encourage our staff to develop their careers internally. The next natural step for you in this role would be a Senior Data & Analytics Adviser – but this is flexible.
With a collaborative environment, the fantastic exposure you have to people and leaders in the industry and the knowledge you’ll build on a range of regulatory and policy issues, the ABI is a great place to advance your career.
What training and benefits are offered?
You’ll have inductions to get you up to speed with anything from Events to how our finances work, plus meetings with relevant colleagues. Everyone goes on an introduction to insurance course and will receive plenty of on the job training. We host learning events and you can attend relevant ABI and industry events. Additional training is tailored to your needs and aspirations and we have a range of courses as part of our Learning and Development offering.