Policy Assistant, Conduct Regulation
Looking for a job where you can help make a genuine difference for one of the UK’s biggest industries and their customers?
We’re looking for Policy Assistant, Conduction Regulation to support the conduct regulation team’s work to deliver a fair, proportionate and risk-based conduct regulatory framework which works to deliver good outcomes for customers and our members. You’ll tangibly see how your team guide and effect policy across the insurance industry.
There are no minimum requirements relating to work experience or education – our recruitment process is design to assess the key skills needed to do this role and we can support your ongoing learning and development.
Please note we are open to applications from those who wish to work on a flexible and/or job share basis. The role is based in London, however, due to COVID-19, we’re currently working from home.
- Complete high-quality research and analysis to help formulate persuasive policy positions.
- Support and co-ordinate the conduct team’s event programme, web pages and weekly newsletter.
- Update members on relevant regulatory developments.
- Prepare drafts of policy papers and summary documents.
- Contribute to policy development work with members, including providing proactive and efficient secretariat to working groups/committees.
- Monitor and help to influence the development of FCA initiatives in coordination with colleagues.
- Attend, participate and support relevant Committees and Panels.
- Provide organisational support and coordination for team-wide processes and projects.
We’re looking for:
- Strong intellectual ability to understand and summarise complex information
- A proactive approach to working with others
- Strong organisational skills and a high concern for quality and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Curiosity to develop knowledge on insurance focused conduct regulation issues
Throughout the interview and assessment process, we will be looking for you to demonstrate the ABI’s values; We are Brave; We take Ownership; We are Appreciative; We are Human and We are Curious.
Where can this role take you?
Wherever possible, we support our staff to develop their careers internally. The next natural step for you in this role would be a Policy Adviser – but this is flexible.
With a supportive environment and the fantastic exposure you get to lots of people in the industry and the knowledge you’ll build on a range of regulatory and policy issues, the ABI is a great place to start your career.
What training and benefits are offered?
On your first day you’ll be met by our HR team for a full company induction. You’ll then have inductions to get you up to speed with anything from Events to how our finances work, plus one to ones with relevant colleagues. Everyone goes on an introduction to insurance course and will receive plenty of on the job training. We host various Staff Learning Events throughout the year and you will be able to attend relevant ABI and industry events.
Additional training will be tailored to your own personal needs and aspirations and we have a range of courses as part of our Learning and Development offering.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on 6th October 2020.