Graduate Engineer 2021
LDD Ltd, an Acteon company, is a specialist marine and subsea construction contractor. Using our extensive in-field know-how, we design, engineer, build and operate world class pile-installation and drilling equipment to deliver tubular foundations of any size, in any geology, anywhere.
LDD are currently looking to recruit a Graduate Engineer to support the Lead Engineers in all engineering and development-related activities. This is a full time, permanent role that will allow the successful candidate to grow with LDD.
As a member of the Engineering team, a Graduate Engineer is required to support engineering activities for the successful and safe execution of projects, construction of new equipment, and maintenance of existing equipment. In addition to this, the Graduate Engineer shall contribute to the support of the company's sales function by understanding customer requirements and contributing to the technical aspects of the bidding process.
Job context, main activities and scope
- Production of detailed design data using SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM Pro.
- Production of detailed engineering 2D drawings, BOMs and technical information sufficient for manufacture.
- Participation in regular formal design reviews as required.
- Adherence to project schedules.
- Adherence to LDD Engineering Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- Production of drawings and schemes for sales and project support as required.
- Provide technical support to LDD Operations, Sales and other departments as required.
Job knowledge, experience & aptitudes
- Job holder should be currently engaged in education activities and therefore is not required to hold any tertiary qualifications. Knowledge in the following areas is expected based on educational experience:
- Engineering of welded and bolted connections
- Mechanics of materials
- Manufacturing processes such as welding, machining, and forming
- Analysis techniques by hand calculation or FEA
- Drawing techniques including dimensional and geometric tolerancing
- On-the-job training will be provided, with focus in the following areas:
- SolidWorks 3D and 2D design
- SolidWorks PDM Pro
- FEA using SolidWorks, STAAD and ANSYS
- Familiarity with industry standards, e.g. DNVGL, Norsok, BS/EN/ISO