Junior Project Engineer 2021
Claxton is a part of Acteon Group of subsea services businesses. We combine experienced Project Engineering and fast track Design and R&D capability with huge inventory of rapid call off tooling, to deliver to our clients. Across a vast array of drilling riser systems, well abandonment equipment and structures, Claxton delivers pragmatic, safe reliable solutions to the operating challenges faced by our clients. We have a Global team with a singular mission, to make our clients projects happen.
What we're looking for
We are looking to hire a Junior Project Engineer on a full-time, permanent basis, based in Great Yarmouth at Claxton Engineering Services Group. The Junior Project Engineer will provide support to the Project Engineers and Senior Project Engineers with the main focus being within the riser team.
Under the direction of senior members of the projects team, a Junior Project Engineer will undertake assigned tasks as delegated for larger more complex projects or will be given responsibility to manage smaller projects for a range of product service offerings.
Junior Project Engineers will be given the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge over a period of approximately 2 years to be able to progress their career to become a Project Engineer.
- Fulfilment of Project Engineering duties in respect of assigned tasks and responsibilities in a pro-active manner, including regular interface with all stakeholders as necessary
- Timely preparation of programmes of work and equipment lists for assigned tasks as directed by the Senior Project Engineer or Project Engineer
- Responsibility for delivery of the assigned products and or service/task to the Project - on time, on quality and on cost
- To undertake assigned Projects in line with experience level as agreed with the line manager
- To demonstrate enthusiasm for Industry related and company product/service line knowledge and offshore experience
- To fulfil an offshore role as necessary to support project requirements.
- To ensure adherence to Claxton's Project Management Process as a guiding document for all project work assigned
- To be able to work unsupervised, demonstrate initiative and develop the ability to supervise others
- Control and management of technical aspects of assigned Project tasks whilst learning commercial aspects of project engineering
- Preparation of job travellers for workshop staff to ensure all equipment and tooling is assembled/prepared to meet the time demands of the project and all consumables/parts are available
- Selection of the correct tools/equipment to fulfil operational requirements
- Completion of all database/project process documentation as per Company's IMS procedures
- To gain an understanding and appreciation of necessary calculations to be carried out to verify the suitability of procedures and equipment proposed to be used
- Production of detailed technical reports and procedures
- Responsibility for ensuring all assigned tasks/projects are carried out on time and to schedule, to the highest standards and within budget
- Monitoring/managing project performance and highlighting problem areas in good time to the Line Manager
- Ensure all QA/HSE and personnel issues have been considered relevant to each task/project
- To act as the focal point for assigned tasks/projects in the absence of the principle PE
- Completed studies within a related discipline
- Experience within an Engineering or ideally a Project function
- Excellent organizational skills
- Confident handling of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects
- Proactive, reliable, and flexible team player with high customer and service orientation
- Process-compliant, independent, and structured way of working