Document Intelligence Research Internship 2021
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe Research is looking for brilliant minds who are excited about pushing the state of the art in research areas that impact Adobe’s products and future endeavors. Research and Engineering internships for Spring, Summer and Fall of 2021 are now open to applicants pursuing PhD and master's degrees. To protect your health and ours, all internships will be remote.
Working directly with one or more researchers, you will have access to robust computational resources and world-class product and design teams, empowering you to see your work touch millions of screens across the globe.
In today’s digital and connected environments, documents are playing an increasingly central role in human communications and workplace productivity. Document intelligence focuses on reinventing the document to deliver magnificent experiences for document creation, consumption, and collaboration. At Adobe, research scientists from multiple fields, such as natural language understanding, document imaging analysis, and human computer interaction, work together in crafting and architecting novel methods to unlock the value in documents. Researchers are exploring deep structural and semantic understanding so that users can easily extract relevant information, navigate in large document collections, and collaborate across teams more efficiently and optimal. Some of our research topics include:
- Multi-modal document representation learnings (combining vision, language and structure)
- Data-efficient and robust takeaways that are adaptable across multiple document domains (e.g. long-form documents, semi-structured documents, digital vs scanned document, and other document types).
- Natural language generation and understanding
- Deep semantic extractions from document (from structure, named entities, relationships, concepts to knowledge graph)
- Knowledge graph extraction and construction from document collections
- Learning in the wild with customer data with human feedback while preserving user privacy and critical contents
- Human document interactions from content authoring, collaborations and consumptions
Our research labs actively publish in leading journals and conferences, invent new products, and build compelling creative tools. We are especially interested in encouraging ongoing collaborations that last beyond the internship and become part of your PhD thesis.
What you will do
- Under the direction of an Adobe Research mentor, pursue a research problem that pushes the boundaries of the field
- Develop new algorithms, run experiments, and produce demonstration prototypes
- Document and present your work, both verbally and in writing
What you will need
- Current PhD or master's student in computer science, or related field
- Sufficient research skills and background in your chosen subject area
- Strong communication skills and collaboration experience
- Passion for solving real world problems with web scale data using and inventing Machine Learning algorithms.