Graduate Data Analyst 2021
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
About the Role
We have a number of opportunities across the UK for Maths, Computing and Data Science graduates to work within our infrastructure cost intelligence team, to help develop innovative class-leading digital solutions to improve investment decision making to our infrastructure clients in the UK and around the world.
AECOM provides Cost Intelligence services to infrastructure Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including cost management, data analytics and business planning support
- Water and wastewater treatment and networks
- Oil and Gas Graduates will have the opportunity to work on local projects, as well as to interact with teams based across the UK and potentially further afield.
Our varied services facilitate our involvement in all stages of a project. From identifying the needs, producing the initial project definition & brief and cost planning, through to procurement, construction and building use, you will have opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients including some very high profile names, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
The Data Analyst role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for. Due to the variety of solutions we develop, there is a breadth of work in which we can be involved, which can include
- Cost modelling and cost planning
- Risk management development and analysis
- Life Cycle costing
- Performance reporting and analysis
- Dashboard development
- Financial reporting
- Business transformation, including lean and six sigma techniques
- Inflation and market studies
- Database development and data management activities (including cost, carbon and asset data)
- Web application development
- Statistical analyses
- Machine learning application development
- Production of reports and presentations
A Data Analyst Graduate at AECOM could have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks, utilizing their relevant skills with class-leading software tools, and benefiting from exposure to new areas of study and research.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science or Data Science Membership of BCS or RSS
- Demonstrable ability and relevant qualification in one or more of: data management, data analytics, database administration, statistical analyses, financial reporting, programming, machine learning
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to work in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives and present professional interface to Clients as an ambassador of AECOM
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to produce auditable outputs with clear record of error checking and demonstration of validity in results
- Excited by the challenge of learning new technologies and using them to develop new solutions to business problems
- Takes pride in quality and appearance of Client deliverables
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK & Ireland. We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multidisciplinary exposure.