Graduate Development Infrastructure Civil Engineer 2022
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine ataecom.comand @AECOM.
About the role
Development Infrastructure is the engineering and environmental solutions to development schemes. We are looking for graduates who are team players and open thinkers who want to contribute to the sustainable design of roads, drainage and utilities to enhance environments and support the places that we live and work and the infrastructure to help us on the journey.
Selected candidates will be enrolled on our Graduate Development Programme and have the opportunity to develop their skills within a supporting environment which encourages challenge and collaborative behaviours.
What you'll do
Candidates will use industry leading computer 3D design software and modelling programmes while working on a variety of different infrastructure projects, including:
- Work within a team to produce studies, assessments and/or conceptual designs for various development infrastructure elements including: drainage, roads, utilities and flooding;
- Using computer software, undertake modelling, carry out detailed design calculations, prepare design drawings, specifications and information for infrastructure projects;
- Respond to requests from developers for design information during construction works;
- Attend site to undertake reconnaissance visits, or monitor construction activities; and,
- Liaise with government departments, local authorities, water and utility companies, the Environment Agency and other public bodies and deliver the necessary approvals.
- BEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Graduate Member of a professional institute and working towards Chartered status
- An interest in road and drainage design
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
What we offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.