Ports Engineering Graduate, Basingstoke 2021
As the COVID-19 situation develops we are looking beyond the current situation and focussing on the future. Once the current lockdown relaxes, we hope to be in a position that we can offer career opportunities to prospective candidates. Please take this opportunity to register your interest in this future opportunity within the Basingstoke Water team.
You will be joining of a global team of 450+ maritime specialists who support on a wide range of maritime developments including container terminals, LNG facilities, waterfront developments, cruise and ferry terminals, marinas and harbours as well as coastal schemes such as beach development and coastal protection schemes.
The Basingstoke office has an established track record of successfully delivering maritime services to port owners/operators, contractors and transportation agencies as well as government agencies, international financial institutions and private developers. Our maritime experience includes port planning, port economics and due diligence, engineering and design, construction supervision, transactions and financial advisory services for global clients.
As a Ports graduate you will work, as part of project teams, to develop a range of engineering scheme solutions from initial concept through to detailed design for implementation and support roles on construction supervision contracts. This is a diverse role that will involve your contribution and insight to the effective delivery of its current portfolio of projects and to bids for new work within an existing team of engineers.
Key responsibilities will include
- Undertaking design and planning activities on major maritime projects - container terminals, mining/bulk, oil/gas, marinas, ports and harbours, coastal defence and development schemes;
- Assisting with project & technical management;
- Assisting with business development and preparation of tenders;
- Occasional short to medium term site visits (UK and Overseas) may also become necessary depending on project requirements;
- Maritime design and planning, including maritime codes/standards such as BS6349, PIANC, OCIMF.
- BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering with a 2:1 (or equivalent) classification or above
- MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering would be an advantage
- Knowledge of civil/structural/infrastructure/coastal projects in the maritime sector;
- Familiarity in any of the following is highly beneficial: container terminals, mining/bulk, oil/gas, marinas, ports and harbours, coastal developments would be an advantage
- Experience in the design and inspection of maritime structures such as breakwaters, blockwork or piled quay walls, lock and dock gates, fender systems, paving, etc.
- Strong IT skills, report writing skills and the ability to communicate to a range of clients is required for this role.
- Demonstrable interest in developing a career in Ports & Marine Engineering
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel)