Graduate Mining Engineer
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
About the role
Working in our development department, you will get involved with the short and long term planning for quarry extractions, as well as on site geotechnical management for an operation that produces approximately 5.5 million tonnes of aggregate per year.
Other elements to the role include:
- Contractor load and haul sequencing and management
- Driving health and Safety performance
- Liaison with company Geology department
- Dewatering management
- Management and engineering support on key site development projects
What will you bring?
- Higher education in Mining Engineering, or similar
- Drill & Blast and load & haul knowledge and/or experience
- Geotechnical understanding of pit design and discontinuity analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of our organisation
- Team player, willing to collaborate, support and challenge ideas
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present to a variety of audiences
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility In regards to working hours
- Exposure to AutoCAD or similar software, knowledge of surveying processes and basic understanding of the Quarries regulations 1999 is desirable (but not essential).
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.