Biopharma Business Development Placement 2022
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek - so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic student with a passion for science and a curiosity about the biopharmaceutical / biotechnology industry to join our team.
As our next Biopharma Business Development Intern, you will support activities across the biopharma market reporting into the Biopharma and Chemistries Business Development Team. By working closely with the wider sales, marketing and applications teams as well as our customers you will gain experience across a range of functions within a commercial setting whilst learning about the quickly evolving biopharmaceutical market, new modalities and analytical solutions.
As an Intern, you will apply your university degree learnings so far to a variety of focused hands-on projects across the Agilent biopharma market. At the same time, you will gain and apply knowledge about Agilent's industry, infrastructure and products in your assignment. This is developing real world experience in a company that is a leader in the markets it serves.
What you'll do
- Assisting with biopharmaceutical customer enquiries
- Supporting identification and promotion of new solutions specific to the biopharmaceutical market
- Exploring new ways to grow and develop the Biopharma business within Agilent
- Researching and understanding new therapeutic and analytical trends within the Biopharmaceutical industry
- Supporting the design and promotion of marketing campaigns
- Learning Agilent’s solutions for the Biopharma market across LC, LC-MS, LC Analytical and Preparative Columns, Sample Preparation etc.
- Outbound and inbound activities to support sales and marketing
Who you are
For this one-year placement, we are looking for a motivated individual with the following background:
- Currently completing at least a second year of a Life Science Degree (Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology…)
- Understanding/Knowledge of biopharma drugs and/or therapies
- Knowledge/experience of chromatography is an advantage
- First experience in sales/customer facing position is a plus
- Digital literacy: good knowledge of MS Office
- Full proficiency in English. Knowledge of any other European language would be an advantage
On a personal level, you like to take initiatives, solve problems and being part of a team. You also have an eye for business and great communications skills to interact with many internal and external partners.
What we offer
A 12 months full time position.
We will make sure you get all the training and development opportunities you need to become the best in your field!
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.