Cyber Security System Engineer Graduate Programme 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in Cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global Cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with Cyber security products.
We are passionate about Cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
We are looking for a Graduate System Engineer (Cyber Security) within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting to the SA (Solution Archtect) the Graduate System Engineer will collaborate with a team of Software, Hardware, Mechanical and FPGA engineers to deliver High Grade Crypto and Key Management solutions and will develop "system level" thinking and solutions to the wider team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You will assist in the responsibility for the certification and authorisation of aspects of requirements devolvement, design, design proving, manufacture, integration and testing.
- You will assist with the preparation, updating and custody of the system/architectural specifications, drawings and other data associated with the design.
- You will assist with design compliance with applicable product liability issues in liaison with designated company authorities.
- You will assist to ensure effective engineering processes are utilised in the execution of the project.
- You will use Model Based System Engineering tools and techniques to design and develop equipment to the Airbus Defence and Space standards and specification requirements.
- You will be involved in the development of the engineering department functions and procedures.
- Undertake further professional training or development co-ordinated by your group and acquire INCOSE professional status
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
What you'll need
- Candidates must be on track to achieving a 2:1 degree or have already achieved a minimum of a 2:1 in a relevant undergraduate degree
- Evidence of leadership skills developed through university, work experience, placement year or extra-curricular activities
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK DV Security Clearance to undertake the role.