Facility Management Mechanical Engineer Placement 2022
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Application closing date: We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The role is based within the Facilities Management and Real Estate (FMRE UK) organisation at Broughton site. The candidate will work across the whole Airbus UK portfolio of sites with direct accountability into Airbus Services UK team.
FMRE UK is responsible for a huge range of deliverables to Airbus UK, including but not limited to; Real Estate and General Zoning management, Aerodrome management, Energy and Supply, Major Building and Construction projects as well as Maintenance, Catering and Cleaning to name a few.
Working within the FMRE UK function; this exciting opportunity offers successful applicants the chance to influence and drive change in a challenging, diverse department, matured over recent years to an integrated “ONE FMRE” team incorporating both Airbus Commercial and Airbus Defence & Space (ADS) across the UK.
What will you be doing
Services UK delivers maintenance, energy, waste management, catering, archiving, reprographics and graphic design provision through the use of sub-contractors. Preventative and reactive maintenance is carried out which supports the ongoing reliability of the equipment on the sites achieved by using technical engineering skills in both the UK Team and the Supply Chain to optimise asset uptime whilst ensuring all regulatory compliance is met. Future investments and asset replacement strategies are based on sound analysis of performance data to ensure the right decisions are achieved.
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include;
- Support the site HO Services with the financial management of budgets and forecasting.
- Participate in capital investment (CapEX) planning and projects according to Airbus principles.
- Work with the disciplined engineers, identify redundant services and systems within our main manufacturing facility at Broughton. Contribute to the strategy for each system removal, ensuring any risks are identified and collated on the Airbus ARM tool (Risk Management).
- Develop asset strategies for the specific service deliverables. The initial focus will be on external pump stations and ventilation systems ensuring all future projects have clear and aligned specifications to protect and deliver total cost of maintenance.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count !
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- A mechanical background.
- The ability to listen, understand and communicate information.
- A strong interest in developing yourself.
- An interest in finding creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to make decisions based on evidence.
- Basic project management skills, but also willing to learn and develop according to Airbus tools and processes.
- Good stakeholder management skills, including excellent communication, customer focus and the ability to deliver on commitments.
- Flexibility in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent IT skill set.
- Good attention to detail.
- Investment planning (CapEX)
- Managing OpEX budget for alterations and repairs.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- £18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.