Industrial Quality Placement Broughton 2024
The Quality Department at Broughton is in place to guarantee traceability, quality, safety and airworthiness of all supplied, sub-contracted and manufactured products and services to both our internal and external customers.
We strive to reach a level of excellence that gives our customers the trust and confidence for us to act as guardians of their product. As an intern within our department, you will have the opportunity to learn how a Quality department is supporting the overall Airbus production system.
You will have your own dedicated tasks/projects that you are responsible for delivering to allow our product the best it can possibly be.
What will you be doing
During this internship, the activities you may undertake include:
- To carry out investigations and root cause analysis into reported quality/technical issues from operational teams across all Airbus sites.
- You will be ensuring appropriate corrective and preventive action is taken by the accountable department through the use of multifunctional teams in line with Quality rules and standards.
- You will be delivering changes / best practices, synergies and promoting business excellence. All through working with the quality transnational teams on harmonisation of processes across the entire Quality function in Airbus.
- Familiarisation with digital tools including Google Suite and big data tools to analyse non-conformance data.
- Using data to produce site wide performance Indicators that are required to manage reduction of non-conformances.
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- You will be studying towards a degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering, Business, Digital, or equivalent degree.
- You are a team player.
- You adapt quickly.
- You are passionate about Airbus and the aviation industry.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.