Junior Satellite Detailed Design Microwave Hardware Engineer 2021
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
We are looking for an RF / Microwave Hardware Engineer to join Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. You will join our Communication Products group (CPG) and report to the Head of RF / Microwave Products.
The Communication Products group develops RF / Microwave and mixed signal interface equipment for use in telecommunication Satellites. We are growing this group to meet increasing demand for more advanced technologies both on national programmes and for our global customers.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team focusing on design development and manufacture of RF/Microwave and digital equipment (SSPAs, LNAs, Frequency Converters, Synthesiser equipment, etc) for satellite payloads from UHF through to Ka band and higher. Your products will fly in a range of missions, from Low Earth Orbit satellite constellations to space observatories beyond Earth orbit.
You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- All phases of hardware design and development, from concept and requirements definition, through to detailed design and bring-up
- Design and manufacturing support for a wide range of equipment (including new Power Amplifier and frequency converter products) covering electrical RF/DC performance analysis, assessment of mechanical realisation and oversight of production test
- Detailed design of amplifier matching circuits, filters, mixer circuits and entire circuit line-up
- Perform development testing
- Co-ordinate design activity, manage BoM and product documentation
- Generate equipment analyses and present at internal and external Design reviews
- Support product production including results reviews and problem solving from sub-circuit through to equipment level
- Technically Liaise with Customer and Partner companies
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in RF-Microwave circuit design
- Experience using RF and microwave test equipment
Our Offer To You
A competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and very strong, very real strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence. #LI-AS1
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.