Junior Software Engineer C# 2021
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Who We Are
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer C# within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
As the Software Engineer C# you will report directly to the Software Team Lead for performing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
- Design and develop software products for the management and distribution of cryptographic information, certificates and essential material, and for managing cryptographic systems and devices protecting critically sensitive national and commercial information.
- Software products must achieve the required safety, security, quality and performance levels according to Airbus software engineering processes and the needs of our customers.
- Contribute across the full development life-cycle for custom cryptographic products and systems, in collaboration with systems and SEMs
- Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints Tools, methodologies and coding standards are applied to achieve project aims, following direction from the team lead.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices and acquired technical expertise.
- Reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks arising from allocated Work Packages
- Design, implementation of allocated software modules or components to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
Skills and Experience
- Implementation of Windows application software in C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
- Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you who meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.