Manufacturing Engineering Ergonomics Placement 2022
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Application closing date: We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
Working within the Manufacturing Engineering department of the Broughton site, this is an exciting opportunity to influence and drive change in an established wing manufacturing facility.
The ergonomics team is a small but influential team within the manufacturing engineering department, it has close links with operations, engineering & health & safety. The team focuses on optimising human working conditions and the overall system performance for both existing and new manufacturing processes.
Given the large scope of the team we will endeavor to find the best area to suit you and your development resulting in an exciting, challenging and rewarding working experience.
We embrace diversity and believe in building empowered teams of complementary personalities and skills.
What you will be doing
During the placement, the activities you may undertake will include:
- Increase efficiency and to minimise the negative impact of the work packages
- Influence product development in line with ‘design for manufacture’ principles
- Develop and drive strategic plans for ergonomic risk reduction interventions
- Identifying work related ergonomic risk factors at the workplace and propose solutions to mitigate risks
- Anticipation of risk, application of theory, principles, data and methods to enable design that will optimise human health and overall production system efficiency
- Application of national laws, Regulations and standards related to Human Factors and Ergonomics
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count !
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following
- Attention to detail a must
- Effective communication skills.
- Innovative mindset with creativity & strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated in managing personal time, goals and objectives
- Able to work autonomously, recognising when support is required and seeking advice when necessary
- Awareness of health and safety standards and regulations
- Studying towards a degree in Ergonomics/Human Factors Degree or similar.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- £18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.