Offers Improvement Internship Oxford 2022
Airbus Helicopters is the world’s largest helicopter manufacturer and the company’s site at Oxford Airport is Britain’s civil helicopter hub.
AHUK offers considerable experience in helicopter sales, bespoke completions, maintenance and spares support. Its in-house engineering capabilities include design, customisation, installation, flight-testing and certification, as well as technical support, maintenance, training and the supply of spares for civil and military applications.
AHUK is the MoD’s chosen provider of helicopters and maintenance for its Defence Helicopter Flying school (referred to as MFTS) located in RAF Shawbury (Shropshire) and RAF Valley (Anglesey).
We are seeking an intern to join our Offers team based in Oxfordshire for a 12 month period starting May/June. The Internship will be focused on ‘Offers Improvement’.
Overall purpose of the job
The selected candidate will join the AHUK Programme Office to support the busy Offers Team. The Offers Team at AHUK is responsible for developing and producing offers for helicopters sales, retrofit and helicopter training. We work closely with Sales, Design and Production as well as with external suppliers.
We are looking for an undergraduate studying for a degree in aerospace (or similar discipline) to assist the Offers Team by supporting the offers release and working on the back-office tools. You will also have the opportunity to support the Project Team and use your skills to suggest ideas for improvement.
You will be passionate both about aviation and about producing work of a high standard and always looking for ways to improve processes.
- To support the Offers Team for the offer release, such as high-quality 3D renderings or technical descriptions.
- To support and improve the existing tools to speed-up the offers turn-around time. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe).
- To support the AHUK options catalogue (Commercial and technical presentation, technical data, Website updates…).
- To maintain and improve the 3D database of helicopters and options, using the rendering software.
- To maintain and improve the picture database made of pictures and renderings.
- To develop interior rendering capability for helicopter customisation.
- To develop high-quality video rendering with exterior and interior helicopter animations.
- To support the project managers team with several project management tasks.
The list of activities is likely to be adjusted based on the need and skills shown by the selected candidate.
- General Aviation knowledge or interest
- Familiar with 3D software (Catia, Composer and Blender)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and VBA
- Familiar with website development
- Familiar with picture and video editing
- Pro-active, flexible and autonomous
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with multiple stakeholders
Education, qualifications or special training
- Be completing a Master of Science (not yet graduated) linked with Aerospace or relevant discipline in the UK.
- Be able to work 37.5 hours a week Mon-Fri in Kidlington, Oxfordshire. Must be flexible in terms of working hours if needed
- Must have the right to work in the UK under a student visa
- Must be eligible to obtain DBS clearance.
Please note this vacancy will close on 12 June 2021. After this date the applications will then be reviewed, Feedback will be given and Interviews will be arranged. Please direct any questions relating to this job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.