Service Growth Graduate Programme 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
By joining Airbus as a Service Growth Graduate you will work with colleagues from other functions across Airbus Secure Communications, part of the Airbus Defence and Space family, including Finance, Commercial, Engineering and Sales with the objective of quoting for and delivering the projects you have been contracted for from existing customers.
Airbus Secure Communications is one of the world’s leading providers of managed secure communications, we manage our customers’ time- and mission-critical communications whether they’re land, airborne or naval. In short, everything we do is to enable them to accomplish their goals.
We are world leaders in providing global fixed and mobile secure communication services to governments, militaries and security forces. Indeed, as the world’s number one private-sector military secure communications provider, we deliver the flexibility, resiliency and security required by demanding governments and militaries.
As a truly global organisation, we understand local markets, allowing us to support our customers wherever they are. With regional strategic sales and support services in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, our presence on the ground where our customers need us most is bolstered by our global reach.
You will be responsible for planning how to respond to a customer request and ensuring that all other necessary departments are able to complete their activities to the required standard in the time permitted. After contract award, you will be responsible for delivering the project through to completion. You will have the opportunity to scope the job’s requirement so that you can implement your academic learnings into a commercial context.
This role will give you the opportunity to learn about how Airbus and our customers operate both pre- and post-contract award.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Work with the necessary colleagues to promote the early identification of business opportunities within our opportunity management tools
- Lead Airbus’s response to customer requirements for incremental business
- Produce, communicate and enforce plans to address the request
- Coordinate the commercial, financial and technical inputs to the offer
- Organise internal and customer-facing reviews and taking the lead during these meetings where appropriate to do so
- Ensure that all tasks that require action by a member of the team are completed within the required timeframes
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the way the department operates
- Support the department with performance analysis and departmental reporting.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Successful candidates will either have or be working towards a degree in a business-related subject including accounting and finance, management and operational research, or a degree in communications engineering with an interest in business. Regardless of your background you will be trained so you are ready to deliver in the role.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Persuasive: the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve a business goal
- Analytical: the ability to interpret and understand the impact of a customer’s request
- Communication: the ability to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders using a range of mediums, including verbal, electronic, presentations
- Creative: the ability to create customer-focussed offers
- Organised: the ability to plan and execute a project to deliver the required output
- IT literate: the ability to operate Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.