Single Aisle Management Placement Broughton 2024
The Single Aisle Program is based at Broughton site working for all Airbus commercial aircrafts. The most profitable and successful aircraft company. Single aisle alone manufacturing over 50 wings sets per month and rising. The single aisle department is the largest within Broughton which consists of over 2,000 operators, engineers and support staff. Airbus alone recruits 200+ interns per year.
The placement will enhance your knowledge by giving you opportunities to lead high performance projects, gaining real life experience and increasing your understanding for data analysis. Having responsibilities for operational management teams dealing with the manufacture of wings for our customers over the world, we are involved in different projects in many departments in one area of the Step Change.
During the time at Airbus you will be given the chance to spend time in other departments in Long Range and Single Aisle, such as A320 neo and A350. Giving you a broad background of the production and process of the wings.
The early careers programmes in Airbus will ensure that personal development goals and business goals are met during the placement.
What will you be doing
For this internship you will be based in the operational area of wing manufacturing in the UK, giving you first- hand experience. You will be working in Single Aisle Step Change.
The job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Throughout the internship you will be reporting to the operational management teams in specific areas which will be given tasks and responsibilities to help achieve. The topics will include:
- Finance management, including budgeting and project forecasting.
- Shop Floor workshops - removing wastes, improving efficiencies and following lean principles.
- Utilisation of Airbus processes and leading projects to change processes.
- Supporting operations using Click ‘n’ Buy to purchase materials / negotiate with suppliers / keep track of stock.
- Fully supporting the operational production system.
- Understanding and supporting the Environmental Health and Safety controller in driving health and safety related improvement projects.
- Implementing environmental projects.
- Risk reduction projects.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and deliver to customers.
Throughout the year you will undertake experience of working in a manufacturing environment using ICT software - specifically G Suite, the Lean principles, making projects and practical problem solving.
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a relevant Engineering or Business degree.
- Basic knowledge on lean manufacturing methods.
- High level of understanding of G Suite inc Google Slides and Google Sheets.
- Basic understanding and want to develop project management skills.
- Good communication skills in both written and oral working in groups or teams.
- High level of teamwork, but also autonomous.
- Committed and Self-motivated.
- Creativity to problem solving with drive and enthusiasm.
- Enthusiasm to the opportunity to develop and learn.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.