Spacecraft Production Quality Placement 2022
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Application closing date: We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
This Placement opportunity sits within the Production of Satellites environment in the Quality department who is accompanying production to satisfy and anticipate our customer expectations.
In addition to this function, the Quality department has the objective to drive and influence the company to reduce the cost of quality and the cost of non-quality.
In that context, the Quality Assurance department has deployed a wide variety of projects and during this internship you'll assist the team to implement those multidisciplinary projects.
What you will be doing
Within this placement, you'll be continuously in contact with people of various disciplines and your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support to the general day to day Quality Assurance activities, including non-conformance management, Key inspection activities and driving non quality prevention
- Organizing and facilitating the coordination of various experts and managers involved in the project.
- Establish an "as is" situation and propose process improvements when gaps are identified or opportunities exist.
- Convince and drive people on the implementation of changes.
- Develop dashboards, indicators for the follow-up of the project activity.
- Assisting the quality team in the creation and following-up of the Project Management Plan.
Experience and benefits you will gain from this opportunity:
- Awareness and exposure to space products within an international working environment
- Experience on Problem Solving tools and practices
- Good understanding of a manufacturing organization
- Development of improvement mind-set and change management
- Guidance in personal development
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count !
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Working towards a degree in or equivalent in an Engineering, Quality, Aerospace or related discipline.
- Proficient with excel
- Proactive & flexible approach ¤ Evidence of effective teamwork
- Focus on continuous improvement and provide initiatives/ideas for growth
- Ability to motivate and influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in coding (VBA and access)
- Other language than English is an advantage
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- £18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.