Spacecraft Propulsion Engineering Graduate Programme 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Spacecraft propulsion sub-system engineering role includes following responsibilities:
- Design of chemical propulsion system architecture concepts to satisfy spacecraft system needs and constraints.
- Analysis of propulsion system performance at sub- system and system level for both commercial telecoms and ESA satellite programmes.
Main activities of the role may include;
- Generate propulsion system specifications and perform propulsion design, performance and analysis for chemical propulsion systems.
- Prepare spacecraft system test plans, test requirement preparation, verification analysis including FMECA, design verification matrices and assessing test results.
- Concurrent engineering with system level interfaces mainly in the structural, thermal control, integration and test, attitude control and mission analysis disciplines.
- Be responsible for technical documents and presentations in support of project technical reviews.
- Be the author and owner of propulsion system technical specifications (Electromechanical components, pressure vessels, Design, Manufacture and Integration) therefore responsible for the qualified definition and subsequent changes to it. As such you will be accountable for review and approval of the As-Built and its compliance with the As-Design standard, including review and acceptance of equipment/sub-system test results, review of equipment supplier’s end item data packs and final technical acceptance of propulsion sub-system and justification to the end satellite customer.
- Delivering presentations at major project design reviews, R&D activities and future studies/ proposals support.
- Responsibilities also include supporting spacecraft flight critical operations often at customer ground control facilities reviewing spacecraft telemetry and tele-commanding.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
- Working towards a degree in either Science or Engineering (or similar)
- Leadership experience
- Work experience preferred but not essential
- Interest / passion for Engineering
Previous experience with fluids system design is preferred and it would be advantageous to have a good understanding of fluids system equipment and testing.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Stevenage will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.