Supply Chain Quality Placement Stevenage 2024
You will be joining the Supply Chain and Quality Management organization, and we are a multinational department with teams across the UK, France, Germany and Spain.
We manage a range of products from cables to large Antenna Reflectors, and working with our team you will have opportunities not only to learn about the equipment we manage but to see first hand some of the latest technologies being developed for space exploration.
What you will be doing
- Report on quality data to identify trends and areas for improvement;
- Attend audits or assessments with the procurement team;
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to achieve key objectives such as On Time and On Quality Delivery;
- You will learn about quality standards and regulation such as EN9100, IS09001, and how they are implemented across the business as well our supply chain;
- Participate in trans-national projects;
- Opportunity to develop your problem solving and communication skills;
- Support the development and implementation of supply chain & quality improvement initiatives;
- Learning to use different tools and software's used across the company;
- Support management to run the monthly review meetings.
We hope that in the course of your 12 months with us you will gain a good understanding of how a supply chain operates within a complex organization. You will gain technical knowledge of the products we manage from small antennas to large reflectors. Excellent opportunities to develop your communication and presentation skills surrounded by a supportive team and management.
Our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. Please inform your graduation date on your application. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- You should be enrolled in an Engineering, Finance, Business degree or other related courses;
- Familiarity with Google Suite;
- Collaborative mindset;
- Effective communication: Can liaise with internal teams and communicate clearly and effectively;
- Analytical acumen: analyse data with the ability to interpret the information and present actionable insights.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.