Graduate Print Trainee 2021
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking a Graduate Trainee, Print, who will report to Head of Scarves as part of our dynamic London team.
Alexander McQueen are in search of a creative, adaptable, and highly passionate Graduate Trainee to join their scarves department. The Graduate Trainee for Print will provide support to the Senior Print Designer and Head of Scarves assisting with required tasks ensuring completion to the highest standard, in a timely manner, aligned to the department’s briefs.
How you will contribute
- Assisting with the creation of original artworks and colourways for scarves and small accessories
- Undertake image research
- Drawing and hand painting
- Developing trials and samples
- Photoshop renderings
- Illustrator artworks
Your skills and experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strong hand drawing skills
- Good understanding of the House
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attitude and flexible approach to work
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Strong teamwork skills, with an ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate the utmost level of attention to detail, while working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.