Menswear PR Graduate Trainee 2021
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition, and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Graduate Trainee, Menswear PR who will report to the Menswear Press Officer as part of our dynamic London team.
The Graduate Trainee will be a highly organized and motivated individual looking to start a career in Public Relations within a leading luxury fashion house.
How you will contribute
- Working across departments to manage seasonal samples and liaise with our regional offices with local and international send outs and sample returns. Manage all sample shipments and international labels.
- Responsible for caring for all MRTW & MACC samples and presenting a consistent knowledge of each collection and the samples available within each season.
- Assist the Menswear Senior Press Officer in coordinating all PR related events and campaigns across the Menswear category.
- Producing and assisting with relevant admin documentation, including seasonal, strategy and sample documentation, etc.
- Responsible for managing Fashion GPS to ensure all samples are logged correctly and kept up to date.Build relationships and liase with internal contacts, such as VIP, studio, merchandising and production, to ensure a streamlined method of communication with all necessary teams at all times.
- Work with the editorial work placement student to ensure all coverage for the category is saved correctly, and ensure all credits are distributed successfully to relevant contacts upon request.
- Manage the day to day running of the press office, ensuring stationary and send out supplies are replenished. Ad-hoc duties required depending on the daily needs of the team.
Your Skills and Experience
- Degree in a related discipline (PR / Communications)
- Previous work experience in a fast paced, demanding, and agile PR department
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.