Retail Merchandising Graduate Trainee 2021
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail Merchandising Graduate, who will report to the Buying Director as part of our dynamic London team.
The Retail merchandising graduate trainee will help support the HQ Retail Merchandising team with the monitoring of sales and stock levels across all stores in the network
- Prepare sales reports, presentations, ad-hoc analysis
- Prepare relevant buying tools for regional buyers and the HQ merchandising team
- Assist the HQ team in coordinating the selling campaigns
- Support presentations of the collection to all stakeholders
- Support the regional buying teams with stock movements and other relevant inquiries
Your Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in retail merchandising is a plus
- Detail oriented, a strong self-starter who takes initiative
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent English
- Extensive analytical and numeracy skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Has a passion for luxury fashion
Why work with us
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.