Junior Data Scientist 2021
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are currently looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join Alexander McQueen’s growing Decision Intelligence team at our head office in London.
The Junior Data Scientist will be working on different projects to build data-driven analysis and develop algorithms to support the business with advanced machine learning approaches impacting significantly the business.
This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in fashion/retail industry and interest in data science.
You will have the chance to get involved in setting up analytical tools, and deployment of ML models on different topics:
- Operations: optimization of the distribution leveraging on forecast methods and graph theory
- Communication: Support Digital Marketing Strategy to better engage with our current audience, better understand it and recruit
- Sales and Demand Forecast,
- Product/Client/Store Anaysis
Your skills and Experience
- Proficient Python developer (Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow)
- Good understanding of ML/AI algorithms (Clustering, Classifier, Forecast)
- Appetite for Graph Theory
- Good knowledge in SQL
- Experience using API
- Experience and skills in DataViz/Data Analytics
- Experience using GitHub
- Understanding of Cloud Computing Environments & Qlik Sense would be a plus
- Curious about technology and innovation
- Interested in social media and digital strategy (FB API, WeChat,…)
- Eager to learn, discover and develop skills
- Hard worker and motivated
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Interest in Fashion
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.