Junior Merchandiser & Planner 2021
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
You will contribute to the stock optimisation of the EMEA region through the active support to the Buying and the Sales and Demand planning teams. You will use product knowledge and your planning skills to ensure we have the right product, at the right place, at the right time to improve sales trade.
How you will contribute
- Working cross functionally with teams across all different trading channels: Digital Concessions, Concessions, standalone stores and Digital teams.
- Be the interface between European teams (stores and buyers) and HQ Supply Chain & Demand Planning team.
- Launch daily stock replenishment from local warehouses to stores and maintain replenishment parameters in line with assortment evolution.
- Analyse sales trend to anticipate future product needs and monitor potential gap vs the sales forecast. Suggest corrective actions such as adjustments to the replenishment parameters or stock rebalancing.
- Support buying team with consolidations and re-allocations to optimise stock within the region to achieve ST% targets taking into consideration product performance and merchandising needs.
- Oversee intake into the business on a weekly & daily basis. Publish and distribute analysis on stock availability.
- Support Buying team to run daily and weekly reports based on business needs and specific projects
Who you are
- Highly analytical, well organised and with great attention to detail
- You have previous experience in retail ideally in a similar role and you have a good understanding of key merchandising principles and product
- You enjoy challenges and working in a fast-paced environment
- You have advanced MS Office skills, especially excel and keen on learning systems (RDM / IO platforms: Model A, Model S / ShARe)
- A team player who is comfortable with cross functional communication and collaboration
- You have a keen interest in the fashion and luxury industry and you have strong product awareness
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.