Customer Service Operations Internship 2021
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon associates will deliver world-class service to our customers.
Amazon is looking for CS Operations intern who will support the Team Manager in their job of leading a team of Customer Service Associates.
The number one priority for this role is to help the Team Manager removing blockers to assist the associates. At first, you will shadow the Team Manager for the coaching, development, performance and engagement of the associates. Once you will be trained on these tasks, you will actively drive actions on behalf of the Team Manager to remove any barriers that prevent the associates from demonstrating the Amazon CS Contact Tenets on every contact.
The ideal CS Operations intern understands that supporting the associates is the most critical role they perform; to achieve this they are open and approachable, engage with the associates individually to understand how to most effectively help remove blockers and provide assistance. The ideal candidate will support the Team Manager in building a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world-class service.
You will be responsible for using quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to support the coaching, development, performance and engagement of the associates. You will then use the results of your analysis to help the Team Manager take care of the associates’ satisfaction and engagement at work. As a future leader of customer facing associates, you will be trained on handling customer contacts and articulating the Amazon mission and expectations of the Amazon CS Contact Tenets. You will support the Team Manager in educating the associates about the important role they play in living the Contact Tenets and how their role supports the Amazon flywheel.
- Genuine interest in coaching or leading people.
- Understanding of effective coaching techniques.
- Strong listening skills.
- Positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversations.
- Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and approachability.
- Knowledge of performance management techniques.
- Ability to identify big accomplishments to celebrate and opportunities to support associates with coaching.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Completes tasks on time to a high quality standard.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Takes action on issues and opportunities raised by the associates.
- Helps the Team Manager drive team engagement and actions.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ year university degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the local language.
- You have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you are president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in charity work or a group project.
- Advance level of Microsoft Package (especially Excel).
- You are willing to work to flexible schedules / shifts hours
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full-time role; if it’s in a customer-facing environment (Customer Service, Sales, or Collections), even better.
- Knowledge or experience of Project Management techniques.
- Previous people management experience.
- Working towards a university degree in People management disciplines.
Our employees’ safety is our top priority and we continue to monitor the global health situation. Because of this, your internship might be based in one of our facilities or it could be delivered virtually. Should it need to be delivered virtually, we have developed a program that ensures you will continue to have a meaningful and positive internship experience.