Loss Prevention Internship - UK
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this includes business analysts in all functions.
About these internships
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
You will put your analytical and technical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides within our Fulfilment Centres and to our customers.
This could include:
- Conduct Physical Security audits,
- Troubleshoot Physical Security systems (LENEL, CAMIQ, VISION, and so on),
- Review and improvement of PS systems,
- Personnel security
- Train small groups in matters of security,
- Advise on personnel security matters
- Represent the interests of Security and Loss Prevention in leadership meetings,
- Participate in the selection of new contract security personnel,
- Provide advice and guidance to contract security personnel,
- Communicate with security service providers,
- Communication of security related topics to all relevant stakeholders,
- Lead Security and Loss Prevention projects with limited scale or scope,
- Participate in large scale, Fulfillment Center-wide projects,
- Review and continuously improve Security and Loss Prevention processes,
- Identify and communicate Security and Loss Prevention risks to operational management,
- Act as point of contact in emergency or critical circumstances,
- Conduct preliminary analysis and subsequent investigation of losses,
- Effectively use resources for data mining, CCTV and other surveillance, for purposes of loss analysis and investigations,
- Conduct forensic interviews, based on analytical results,
- Conduct interviews when any cases of policy violations arise,
- Report investigation results,
- Act as point of contact for law enforcement authorities.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Business Management, Supply Chain/Logistics, Risk and Security Management, Legal, Psychology or related fields.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and local language where applicable).
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture
- You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
- Experience of security services, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related fields,
- Familiarity with databases (for querying and analyzing), such as SQL, Access, etc.,
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma concepts desirable,
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or fulltime role; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better.