Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is delighted to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Nuclear Graduate Programme starting September 2019.
Our two-year structured programme has a diverse range of opportunities for curious, committed and open-minded people. If you bring the passion, energy and enthusiasm we are looking for, in return we can give you a variety of interesting and exciting projects to work on, with dedicated support every step of the way.
Key elements of the Graduate Programme:
Our nuclear programme is recognised as one of the best in our industry and is accredited with several professional science and engineering institutes.
It consists of two years’ accelerated development towards chartership, followed be a three-year career development phase. The programme is structured to provide you with the necessary skills and experience to become a professionally registered scientist, typically within the first 5 years of joining the company.
For all graduates following our nuclear programme, we offer:
- On-the-job training, with opportunities to develop wider scientific and project delivery skills by working alongside experienced scientists;
- A strong mentoring culture, with each graduate assigned a dedicated mentor, a graduate buddy and a line manager/ supervisor to ensure they are supported in their personal and professional development;
- At least one UK rotation, with opportunities to work on customers sites as well as in our offices.
What they're looking for
- You will be a talented graduate with a minimum 2:2 Bachelors degree in a Physics related discipline;
- You will have ambition, vision and enthusiasm to drive your career forward;
- Team work will be something you enjoy, and you will want to work with customers both internally and externally in your day to day role;
- Your verbal and written communication will be strong, and you will look forward to developing these in the work place, as well as applying your technical knowledge to craft innovative solutions to complex technical challenges;
- You will have a flexible approach to mobility and will be adaptable and happy to cope with change;
- You will have a full UK driving license;
- You will have the right to work in the UK before you apply for this position.