Graduate Project Manager
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is delighted to announce that we are now accepting applications for our Nuclear Graduate Programme starting September 2019.
Our two-year structured programme has a diverse range of opportunities for curious, committed and open-minded people. If you bring the passion, energy and enthusiasm we are looking for, in return we can give you a variety of interesting and exciting projects to work on, with dedicated support every step of the way.
Key elements of the Graduate Programme:
Our nuclear programme is recognised as one of the best in our industry and is accredited with several professional institutes.
It consists of two years accelerated graduate development, followed be a three-year career development phase. The programme is structured to provide you with the necessary skills and experience to become a professional project manager.
For all graduates following our nuclear programme, we offer:
- On-the-job training, with opportunities to develop wider project delivery skills by working alongside experienced project managers;
- A strong mentoring culture, with each graduate assigned a dedicated mentor, a graduate buddy and a line manager/ supervisor to ensure they are supported in their personal and professional development;
- At least one UK rotation, with opportunities to work on customers sites as well as in our offices.
Who are they're looking for?
- You will be a talented graduate with a minimum 2:2 Bachelors degree;
- You will be a person who has strong organisational skills and enjoys planning, as well as excellent time management;
- Your verbal and written communication will be strong, and you will look forward to developing these in the work place, with multiple stakeholders and levels of seniority;
- Team work will be something you enjoy, and you will want to work with customers both internally and externally in your day to day role;
- You will be interested in developing your skills in negotiation and risk management;
- You will have ambition, vision and enthusiasm to drive your career forward;
- You will have a flexible approach to mobility and will be adaptable and happy to cope with change;
- You will have a full UK driving license;
- You will have the right to work in the UK before you apply for this position.