2021 Marketing Undergraduate Summer Internship
At American Express, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Whether it’s for our Card Members, Small Businesses, Merchants or Large Corporations – our teams work hard every day to support our customers and help build their success. As part of this dynamic organisation, you’ll play a vital part in shaping our marketing strategies or driving our sales and pipeline management. And have fun doing it too! So, if you’re someone that loves working with others, thrives on a challenge and has a flair for Marketing - consider spending your summer here at American Express.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We are proud to encourage diversity and celebrate this at work. We truly believe that it is diversity of thought, perspective and experience that pushes us to make better decisions. Everyone in the company is actively listened to, and we value perspectives from across the board.
Marketing at American Express
For us marketing is all about thinking outside the box. It’s capturing, conceptualising and selling those innovative ideas that will make our customers’ lives easier. As part of our Marketing Internship, you’ll have the opportunity to expand our already diverse Amex network, strengthen our presence in the digital marketplace & shape real life marketing strategies. At the same time, you could be engaging with top creative agencies or some of our most exciting product portfolios and trying to bring them to life with your own ideas. All of this will be done using market and consumer data from previous campaigns. So, if you’re someone who can use data effectively and come up with winning strategies, then this internship could be for you.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme provides high-performing students with exciting projects aligned to the company’s strategic, operational or financial goals. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a challenging project, learn about our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2021 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express – what makes us different to other financial institutions and why our people love to work here
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience
- Research and analyse data to help American Express improve performance and drive growth
- Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external partners
- Lead end-to-end sales or marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
- Track and report sales or marketing performance using a variety of key performance indicators to measure success and better understand the customer
- Share and leverage sales or marketing best practices and provide marketing consultancy to team
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Strong customer focus
- Project management skills
- Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree discipline) in your penultimate year of study
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Location: London (Victoria)
Deadline: 31 October 2020
When you submit your CV we would also better understand what attracts you to marketing at American Express. So in 140 words or less we would like you to answer either of these questions:
- Why marketing?
- Why American Express?