Summer Internship London 2021
Amey Strategic Consulting is a leading consultancy that creates solutions to improve our clients’ business operations and processes. Making infrastructure safer, improving customer experience and maximising efficiency. Join our amazing, collaborative team of 120+ employees working across UK&I, with offices in London and Manchester. Our Summer internship will be 10+ week placement depending on your course 2021/2022 start date.
Are you passionate about using data to solve problems? An Amey Strategic Consulting Internship will give you hands on experience of how our business operates and gain an understanding of what it’s like to work in a Consultancy, all whilst working on high profile projects with clients such as, Network Rail, Highways England, Heathrow Airport and New York MTA.
We currently have a range of Summer Placement opportunities embedded within our specialist teams that form Strategic Consulting
Digital Strategy Realisation (DSR): Maximising performance through better decision making, by implementing technology & data led transformations. We bring this together with our industry expertise to facilitate digital transformation through our client's organisation.
Asset Management Transformation (AMT): Enables clients to accelerate their asset management journey by delivering improved operational performance through agile and incremental asset insights. Combining our asset management expertise and experience with our transformative data capabilities and tools.
Data Science & Analytics (DSA): We help our clients to extract insight from their data driving better decisions that deliver tangible value against both financial and non-financial goals
Information Services & Platforms (ISP): Better manage client operations and asset base through delivery of technology solutions of; Data capture and inspection management through configurable cloud- cloud-based systems that support management of complex asset bases, Infrastructure monitoring.
What we are looking for
Our teams comprise of people who’ve studied a wide range of Degree disciplines. Whilst some may naturally be more beneficial for specific areas, as long as you’re currently studying for a degree and share our passion for what we do, what’s far more important are the key strengths and behaviours you’ll bring in order to excel:
- Inquisitive, with a thirst for learning and desire to understand our services, industry and customers
- An analytical mind capable of interpreting complex data and information quickly, understanding problems and identifying possible solutions
- Collaborates effectively with others, contributing positively within diverse project teams and eager to get involved in a range of projects
- Demonstrates initiative when working independently, proactively taking responsibility and control of own tasks
- Organised with the ability to adapt to change, continually prioritising time and activities to meet deadlines
- An excellent communicator (both written and verbal), with the ability to adapt style and approach to influence and engage with different stakeholder groups
What we offer in return
We value your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including:
- Starting Salary of £18,533 (pro-rated)
- Flexible ways of working
- Exceptional development program
- Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (number of days will depend on the length of your internship
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
You’ll be given every chance to develop your skills in an environment where work-life balance is valued. Being involved in projects and learning new skills happens within the work environment – research shows the impact is faster and often significantly larger than other training forms, use this to your advantage to grow and learn and put a positive stamp on your future.
What else is better about working at Amey?
Our success comes from a practical yet innovative approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original solutions that will have an positive impact on people’s lives. It’s what makes an internship with us unlike any other.
Collaboration is fundamental to success, but we also value the individuality one person can bring. You’ll have the opportunity to voice your ideas forward and be surrounded by a team that is engaging and open-minded. We believe that people from different backgrounds and skills create the best environment for innovation and ideas. You’ll be empowered to embrace new challenges and to make a meaningful difference to our clients and community.