Marketing Placement 2022
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
This role is for a 1 year employment contract for a university student who requires a period in industry as part of their degree course.
The primary role of a field ‘Marketing Assistant’ is to support the local marketing team on operations to foster demand generation and track moving contacts into the sales pipeline according to guidelines and instructions received from the local marketing manager. This will be achieved through the promotion and delivery of events and other marketing activities, and the management of all the back office operations that will ensure the best outcome of planned events.
The measure of attainment is through meeting the targets of the assigned events/ lead generation activities within the regional marketing plan and the completion of secondary roles.
- Have a productive working relationship with the marketing team, sales team, inside sales and support, to properly manage assigned tasks through a continuous collaboration across departments.
- Deliver, following manager’s guidelines, online/offline activities that are part of marketing campaigns and communications to raise awareness and generate an appropriate number of new leads, to pass to inside sales and sales.
- Manage webinars and seminars according to received instruction
- Take care of follow up for events to be sure leads are entered into CRM and managed
- Regularly brief the relevant people on progress over assigned tasks
- Support the setup and management of exhibitions
- Support the field marketing team in managing sponsorship of external conferences and events and internal info days and the web seminar programs
- Ensure all new leads are entered into CRM promptly and accurately
- Order corporate collateral and collate event materials.
- Ensure that all exhibition equipment is up to date
- Ensure the EMEA events marketing calendar is updated with UK events
- Dispatch email marketing campaigns
- Work on marketing data to provide local reports and update dashboards and smartsheets
- Raise POs at local management request
- Manage international leads to be sure they are properly followed up
- Support the local marketing specialist in updating landing pages
The role is largely office based with a lot of communication by phone, email and conference calls.
Travels across the country and overnight stays could be requested
- Studying for a degree in marketing or similar subject
- Basic understanding of marketing in a digital environment
- Ability to manage data and create / manage dashboards
- Highly reliable: attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to work independently and flexibly
- Excellent team working skills
- Good organizational skills with ability to deliver a high volume of quality work
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to prioritize
- Creative thinker
- A can-do person who thrives in a busy environment
- Competent in the use of general office software applications such as mail tools, document editors, spreadsheets and databases, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of CRM logic
- An understanding of web marketing tools (Sitecore and Exact Target are a plus)
- Basic understanding of HTML is a plus
- B2B marketing experience gained within the software sector is a plus
- Local language and English skills.
- Some travel across the UK is required.
Culture and Values
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.