Fund Internship 2021
Anthemis cultivates change in financial services by investing in, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Founded on three guiding principles: authentic collaboration, virtuous cycle outcomes and diversity and inclusivity, our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and values inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for a diverse group of startups, investors, entrepreneurs, institutions, academics, and visionaries to converge, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
We are looking for an Intern to join us full-time for 3 months, working closely with one of our investment vehicles supporting their fundraising efforts and investment activities. This is an exceptionally busy time for the team, so you will provide a much appreciated extra pair of hands. Anthemis is always searching for the best talent and we operate a 'remote first' strategy so can be flexible on location within the UK and Europe for this role.
Within 3 months you’ll:
- Learn about venture capital (VC)
- Develop understanding of the venture fundraising process
- Gain an insight into our ecosystem of portfolio companies, founders, investors and corporate partners
- Add experience to your CV that will be relevant if you’re thinking of a career working in venture capital
Tasks will include:
- Helping the investment team in preparing for conversations with prospective LPs through market research, analysis and document preparation
- Working across teams at Anthemis to create documents for internal consumption
- Assisting the investment team in scouting startups for future investment
You’ll need to bring:
- Curiosity about VC
- Knowledge of the venture capital industry
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ambitions to develop experience around the fundraising and investing process in the fintech and healthtech industries
- Appropriate working permit for UK/EU
- 1 year relevant experience or a completed internship at a financial institution is a plus
Working at Anthemis
Come and be a part of an inclusive, flexible work environment where our people are encouraged to grow and do their best work. We are proud of our diversity and proactive in ensuring our opportunities are accessible to everyone. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
Our goal is to ensure that Anthemis upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for a role or working at the company.
We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran status, and we’d love to learn more about where you can be additive to our team. Paid holiday leave will be included, alongside a salary to be discussed.