Investment Internship 2021
Anthemis’ vision is to cultivate change in financial services by building, growing, and sustaining businesses committed to improving the world. Our deep understanding of markets and models, passion for emerging technology and spirit of collaboration inspire everything we do. By creating fertile ground for entrepreneurs, institutions, researchers, academics, and visionaries to come together, we believe we can solve the financial services world’s most pressing challenges faster, better and for the benefit of all.
Due to the increasing growth of our investment portfolio, we are looking to hire an Investment Intern for 6 months to support the team with the increasing workload. Anthemis is always searching for the best talent and we operate a 'remote first' strategy so can be flexible on location within the UK and Europe for this role.
As part of this role, you will:
- Assist the investment team in analysing early-stage technology companies working in, or adjacent to, insurance and risk management. This will include extracting and synthesising ongoing research, plus track relevant trends and developments across risk management. Areas of interest for this specific fund include: new insurance distribution propositions, analytics and data, artificial intelligence and automation, digital health, mobility and asset management.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space, as well as scanning the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to broader dealflow sourcing activity.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process. This will feature market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology, insurance and broader financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Solid financial analysis skills and comfort with financial modelling exercises in a fast-moving environment.
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiosity and team-orientation.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Appropriate working permit for UK/EU.
Working at Anthemis
- Come and be a part of an inclusive, flexible work environment where our people are encouraged to grow and do their best work. We are proud of our diversity and proactive in ensuring our opportunities are accessible to everyone. If additional support or flexible arrangements would enable you to participate, please tell us in your application.
- Our goal is to ensure that Anthemis upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for a role or working at the company.
- We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran status, and we’d love to learn more about where you can be additive to our team.
- Paid holiday leave will be included, alongside a salary to be discussed.