Graduate Commercial Analyst 2021
Are you looking to work in a fast paced, dynamic Commercial team where no two days are the same? Then this role could be for you!
We’re looking for a driven, tenacious graduate to work in the sales and margin team where you’ll play a huge part in helping us to achieve our business goals. It’s a fantastic opportunity to make some key recommendations that will impact how we perform as a rapidly growing business. You’ll love to work with numbers and dig into the detail to help us make informed decisions in a variety of different projects.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Working on weekly sales and margin reporting and analysis.
Supporting commercial analysts with a variety of different tasks including:
- Sales performance and mix
- Manufacturer performance
- Promotional activity
- Customer proposition and pricing
- Traffic and conversion performance by channel
- Performance of both free and paid channels
You’ll build strong relationships across the business, working closely with the purchasing, finance, and marketing teams to provide clear recommendations for improvements
Competitor analysis is hugely important in the role, therefore understanding the market and how to stay ahead of the curve will be key
A Few Things About You
- A relevant, analytical degree gained within the last 2 years
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set
- Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
What additional skills are desirable
- Experience of working with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of PowerBI or similar data visualisation dashboard building
- Python or similar programming language experience
- Experience of regression analysis within commercial work.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.