Marketing Analyst Internship (Ad Platforms) 2022
Are you passionate about developing new advertising technologies and positively impacting the experience of millions of users worldwide while protecting user privacy? At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives.
Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on iPhone, iPad and Mac while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work.
We are offering an internship opportunity to join the Ad Platforms Marketing Insights & Analytics team, to help build the next generation of analytical solutions for Apple’s advertising products.
We are looking for a self-starter, with a wide variety of technical skills and the ability to transform large data sets into actionable insights and recommendations. You’ll be responsible for helping the Marketing team measure and optimize campaign effectiveness and helping our go-to-market teams acquire new customers, maximize retention, improve customer success and design and conduct A/B testing for marketing campaigns.
This internship is for a duration of 12 months and you must be available to start no later than June 15th, 2022. If this is you, we’d love to hear from you!
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field of study including economics, statistics, applied mathematics, data science business, or related studies. Following the internship you must be returning to studies, either to the program you are currently enrolled in, or to another program.
- Programming skills in SQL required; Python and R preferred
- Hands-on experience developing compelling data visualizations, dashboards and reporting (experience with Tableau preferred)
- Skills in exploratory data analysis and familiarity with advanced quantitative analysis, including web analytics in Adobe, or other web analytics tools
- Comfortable using modern data technologies. Familiarity with database modelling and data warehousing principles
- Knowledge of the digital advertising industry, the mobile app economy or related field
- Familiarity with automated data ingestion processes including APIs
- Ability to partner effectively with data science and engineering stakeholders to meet the data needs of the business, translating business needs into analytical requirements
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with proven creative, problem-solving, and critical thinking capabilities
Our aim is to create an experience that allows you to learn, gain practical skills, build real-world experiences, develop a greater understanding of the mobile ad industry and form valuable connections.
During your internship, you will:
- Support the Marketing team with analytics and insights that inform and fulfill strategic objectives and goals
- Quantify the impact of marketing initiatives on customer success and future behavior
- You’ll take part in business analytics projects through all phases, including data quality, data analysis, data visualization, and presentation of results and deliverables
- Monitor usage metrics, understanding business-based explanations for large scale trends and patterns in customer lifecycle behavior
- Collect, analyze and interpret advertising campaign performance and transactional data
- Develop data models and analytical tools for ongoing audience segmentation, benchmarking, trending and competitive analysis
- Build dashboards, reports and presentations
- Collaborate with cross-functional team, including Data Insights, Operations, Product, Finance and Engineering
- Design, conduct and analyze A/B tests to optimize performance of marketing campaigns
Education & experience
Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field of study including economics, statistics, math, data science, business or a related technical discipline; graduate degree a plus. Following the internship you must be returning to studies, either to the program you are currently enrolled in, or to another program.