Year Out Project Manager 2021
Be challenged, be supported
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
That’s why we need people who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for talented individuals who take inspiration from everywhere - every person and every interaction.
We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So, if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
Undertaking a year out gives great insight to the day to day demands of the role of a Project Manager and allows for students to practically apply what has been taught at university. Placements also allow students to build relationships within the organisation and develop self-confidence and personal ability, also in most cases Year outs go onto to be the Organisations future Graduates. Meaning that when Year outs return to university it means they can concentrate solely on their studying rather than spending vital time job hunting and in many instances a Graduate will return with a first-class degree.
- Assisting project managers in the delivery of projects and programmes
- Controlling and updating project documents
- Attending meetings and responsible for taking minutes
- Coordinating with the team the Tendering and procurement process
- To provide support in the delivery of projects and professional assignments.
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it.
- To deliver elements of assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be a team player.
- To provide general support to the team.
What are we looking for – those who:
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme
- Working towards a relevant degree within the Built Environment or construction project management
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.